The openSUSE team has announced the release of openSUSE 15.5 Leap, a minor update to the project’s 15.x series. It was released on June 7, 2023, and is based on SUSE Linux Enterprise 15 Service Pack 5. Leap 15.5 is a long-term support (LTS) release, which means that it will receive security updates and bug fixes for five years.
About OpenSuse Leap and Tumbleweed:
OpenSUSE Leap is a stable and community-driven Linux distribution that combines the reliability and stability of the SUSE Linux Enterprise (SLE) codebase with community contributions and open-source software.
The Leap releases are typically based on the previous SLE service pack and include updated packages from openSUSE’s community-driven distribution, Tumbleweed.
Leap 15.5 includes a number of new features and improvements, including:
- A new YaST (Yet Another Setup Tool) interface that is easier to use and more modern.
Support for the latest hardware, including AMD Ryzen 7000 series processors and Intel Raptor Lake processors.
- Updated software packages, including the latest versions of LibreOffice, Firefox, and GIMP.
Improved performance and stability.
- Leap 15.5 is a great choice for users who want a stable and reliable Linux distribution that will be supported for years to come. It is also a good choice for users who want to use the latest hardware and software.
Here are some of the key features of openSUSE Leap 15.5:
- Long-term support (LTS) release: Leap 15.5 is an LTS release, which means that it will receive security updates and bug fixes for five years.
- Stable and reliable: Leap is known for its stability and reliability. It is a good choice for users who need a system that will work without any problems.
- Up-to-date software: Leap includes the latest versions of software packages, including LibreOffice, Firefox, and GIMP.
- Easy to use: Leap is easy to use, even for users who are new to Linux.
Community support: Leap has a large and active community that can help users with any problems they encounter.
If you are looking for a stable, reliable, and up-to-date Linux distribution, then openSUSE Leap 15.5 is a great choice.