The Linux Mint team have releases a new stable version of the distribution called LMDE 4 codename Debbie. Linux Mint LMDE 4 is based on Debian 10 and ships with the Cinnamon desktop.
Whats new in LMDE 4 Debbie:
- Automated partitioning with support for LVM and full-disk encryption
- Home directory encryption
- Support for automated installation of NVIDIA drivers
- NVMe support
- SecureBoot support
- Btrfs subvolumes support
- Revamped installer
- Automatic installation of microcode packages
- Automatic resolution bump for the live session to a minimum of 1024×768 in Virtualbox.
- Linux Mint 19.3 improvements (HDT, Boot-repair, System reports, language settings, HiDPI and artwork improvements, new boot menus, Celluloid, Gnote, Drawing, Cinnamon 4.4, XApp status icons…etc)
- APT recommends enabled by default
- Removed deb-multimedia repository and packages
- Debian 10 Buster package base with backports repository
Bugs and Cons in LMDE 4 Debbie :
- LMDE 4 update manager doesn’t have Kernel update utility
- The 32-bit ISO can only boot with BIOS not UEFI.
- Some user reported : boot process always stops with the following lines on the screen=> “modprobe: module dm-raid45 not found in modules.dep”
System requirements for Linux Mint LMDE 4 :
As per Linux Mint website the minimum system requirement to run LMDE 4 Debbie is given below
- 1GB RAM (2GB recommended for a comfortable usage).
- 15GB of disk space (20GB recommended).
- 1024×768 resolution (on lower resolutions, press ALT to drag windows with the mouse if they don’t fit in the screen).
Download Linux Mint LMDE 4
Download 64 bit Version : Click Here
Download 32 bit Version : Click Here