Now Android Studio is the default application to create Android Native apps and we can no longer
use eclipse with adt, so we have to know what should be the idle system configuration or hardware
to run android studio smoothly. If you use low end configuration then android studio will hang your system
frequently and running a emulator will be a dream for you. So, in this post will discuss about Android Studio
requirement like Processor, RAM , hard disk ..
As per Google Android Studio System Requirement is given below
- 3 GB RAM minimum, 8 GB RAM recommended; plus 1 GB for the Android Emulator
- 2 GB of available disk space minimum,
- 4 GB Recommended (500 MB for IDE + 1.5 GB for Android SDK and emulator system image)
1280 x 800 minimum screen resolution
But if you ask me, i will say a big no. If you are android developer and want to work on multiple project,
you need a better specification given below
- Minimum 8GB RAM, 16 GB RAM recommended (Prefer DDR4)
- 250GB SSD (SSD is strongly recommended) plus 1TB Hardisk
- 1920 X 1080
Processor for Android Development
For accelerated emulator: Intel® processor with support for Intel® VT-x, Intel® EM64T (Intel® 64), and Execute Disable (XD) Bit functionality, or AMD processor with support for AMD Virtualization™ (AMD-V™).
Recommended Processor :
- i3 8th Generation onward
- i5 6th Generation onward
- i7 4th Geenration Onward
- For AMD Ryzen Series it will be better to go for AMD Ryzen 1500x onward
Motherboard : if you are running AMD ryzen processor then choose motherboard supports SVM and use android studio 3.2
Graphics Card : Choose Graphics card as per your need, if you are a game developer then you can buy ZOTAC GeForce® GTX 1050.